Lebanese Cream Slice Recipe
- Ingredients (Cream Slice):
• • 6-8 pieces Toasted white bread slices. Cut sides off after toasting.
• 750 ml (3 cups) milk.
• 600 ml cream. For a slightly lighter consistency, you can reduce cream to 450ml and increase milk to 900ml.
• 75 g caster sugar
• ½ cup cornflour
• ½ cup plain flour
• 100g ground pistachios
• 440 g (2 cups) caster sugar.
• 1 tbsp lemon juice.
• 2 tbsp Rosewater.
1. Place the sugar and 375 ml (1½ cups) water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the lemon juice, reduce the heat to gentle boil and cook for 15 minutes until light golden.
3. Remove from the heat
4. stir in the rosewater.
Method (Cream Slice):
1. Arrange the toast to cover the base of a USA pan 9” (23 cm) square or rectangular dish.
2. Pour half the sugar syrup over the toast, reserving the remainder. Place the milk, cream, sugar, cornflour and plain flour in a saucepan, and whisk until well combined.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking continuously, for 8 minutes until thick with a yoghurt-like consistency.
4. Pour the custard over the toast, bang on the bench a few times to settle the custard and set aside to cool for 1 hour.
5. Sprinkle with the ground pistachios and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Serve cold with extra syrup to the sid site not working