Sticky Date Pudding Recipe
- Prepare: 35 minutes. Cook: 1.5 hours. Serves:8. Ingredients (pudding)
• 250g pitted dates, chopped.
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
• 1 & 1/2 cups boiling water.
• 125g butter, softened.
• 1 cup brown sugar.
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
• 2 eggs.
• 1 & 3/4 cups White Wings Self-Raising Flour, sifted
• 1 3/4 cups White Wings Self-Raising Flour, sifted.
• 300ml thickened cream.
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
• 60g butter.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 7cm deep, 22cm (base) cake pan.
2. Place dates and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Pour over boiling water. Allow to stand for 20 minutes..
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a large metal spoon, fold through date mixture and flour until well combined.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a plate.
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until sauce comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Pierce pudding all over with a skewer. Pour 1/2 cup of warm sauce over warm pudding. Stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with remaining sauce. Courteousy of Taste.com.au